While we can’t guarantee you’ll have the abs of Gisele Bundchen, her hubby Tom Brady, or Sarah Tiefenthaler; we can guarantee you will work your abs while having a ton of fun. Sarah Tiefenthaler, Yogaqua’s dynamic founder shares her top reasons you need to try it.
What is YOGAqua – Yoga on a stand up paddleboard. Designed by dynamic Yoga Instructor, Sarah Tiefenthaler, to increase strength, flexibility, balance, and overall tranquility it is a natural extension of the practice of Yoga fused with the exciting art of Stand-Up Paddle-Boarding (SUP).
1. The great outdoors: Floating on the calm ocean water with the Vitamin D packed sunshine building up your immune system.
2. Core strengthening: Paddling and performing yoga poses on a floating, unstable surface has you engaging your core muscles the entire time making for a sexy, toned tummy.
3. Spot on Yoga Alignment: Your yoga practice will never be better after taking a few classes on a paddle board. If you don’t have your alignment right on a SUP board, you get wet so you’ll learn to get it right real quick!
4. Fun: You won’t be scolded for smiling and laughing in this class-it’s actually encouraged! So get ready to have some fun!
5. Peace and freedom: You will feel completely refreshed and rejuvenated after spending 90 minutes on the water thinking only about where you are and what you’re doing while listening to the soothing sounds of the ocean water gently tapping against your board.
YOGAqua Class – You will learn how to properly use a Stand-Up Paddle Board and how to perform dozens of different Yoga poses while serenely floating on the natural splendor of calm water.
Classes are 90 minutes long and include paddle instruction, warm-up paddle and an hour of Yoga on the boards. Once you experienced a class you will feel the sublime peace that comes from being simultaneously refreshed, rejuvenated, and inspired.
If you are in the Los Angeles area, take advantage of their “February Special”! 2 Classes for $50! That’s a $28 savings!